Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Scanned. And tired.

Ok, the CT scan was accomplished with little actual pain or discomfort, and in a relatively reasonable amount of time. The chest x-ray took at least 4 times as long as it should have, but it's done. I now have a lovely set of films I could frame for posteriety, assuming I wanted to always remember what my boobs look like on an x-ray. If I had a scanner with a big enough plate I'd scan it and post it up here, just to be perverse.

My very large pile of CT, ultrasound & x-ray films and I will be heading down to the Bay Area on Monday for our first consultation with the oncologist. I won't have time to do any visiting on this trip, since we'll be going down and back in one day, trying to get home to the kids. (It's going to be about a 3 hour+ drive, for those who don't know) I'm sure I'll have a chance to see folks on future visits, but this one will probably be in and out.

So, that's the next step. Until it's time for that appointment, we'll be working on the financial aid side of things, trying to get me enrolled in a program that might actually help offset some of the costs of this monster. We'll see. One step at a time. Right now I am just tired. Tired, tired, tired.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

One day at a time, one step at a time. And all of it is progress.

We like progress.

Love you

Mom

Auntie said...

Dreamed I covered you up with your Pooh blanket and tucked your Glo-Worm under your arm.

Anonymous said...

Where in the bay are you having everything done? Palo-alto?

-brother